An employee has decided on leaving your organization. There are chances that he might return. Deleting his entire mailbox would only mean restoring it when he returned. This is one of the situations where you’d want to retain the mailbox but deny access to all future email. You’ll be glad to know that PostMaster Enterprise ver. 8.03 enables you to keep an existing mailbox intact, but deny login and access to all new email.
Power Feature – PostMaster Enterprise
There are quite a few situations when you, the Administrator, might want to restrict a particular user’s email access – i.e. disallow login and restrict access to future email for varied reasons:
- An employee might have decided to leave your organization, and there are chances that he might or might not return.
- An employee is involved in suspicious activities and you want to restrict further access to mail.
In such cases, deleting the mailbox would only mean restoring it when the employee returned or the suspicion got resolved. And this is where the new PostMaster Enterprise ver. 8.03 assists you by enabling you to disable a particular user’s login and/or email access. To do this:
- Login as Admin
- Select the PostMaster tab
- Navigate to Manage Accounts > Users > User Manager
- Edit user settings as required